Child’s Play + Speech
Integrating our approach
Speech-Language Pathology addresses issues such as speech sounds, receptive/expressive language, pragmatics (like social speaking and appropriate topics), voice, fluency, cognition, swallowing and feeding. While early intervention is advised, our program helps children of all ages overcome their obstacles. At Child’s Play, our Speech team works directly with integrated treatment plans and goal setting with the ABA and OT treatment teams.
Speech therapy interventions include:
- An individualized evaluation, during which the client/family and Speech-Language Pathologist determine the person’s goals.
- Customized intervention to improve the person’s ability to perform addressed issues and reach their goals in a play-based environment moving up to structured environment.
- An outcomes evaluation to ensure that the goals are being met and/or make changes to the intervention plan.
You may consider Speech therapy if your child…
- Is falling behind in reading/literacy
- Is saying words incorrectly
- Has trouble understanding and following directions
- Has trouble with comprehension
- Is not socially appropriate
- Is stuttering or has unusual stops/partial word repetitions
- Has trouble with pitch, volume or quality of voice
- Has trouble making sounds in syllables
- Has trouble putting words together
- Has a limited vocabulary
Want to get started?
Connect with us and we will guide you through the next steps to beginning treatment for your child. Better care is just the beginning!
“Knocking before entering classroom.”
Friday, September 18, 2020
Kudos for Kids is all about sharing the little wins, the good day or a new goal reached. We share it on the board so we can celebrate our success stories together!
Allow us to answer your questions one on one!
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Set up your initial consultation and tour one of our three clinics