Second to none, except maybe to each other, we don’t play favorites
Each of our facilities provide consistent access to the highest quality of standards for Child’s Play clients. Consistently across our locations we provide a variety of therapy room types, as well as prominent group spaces to teach skills that don’t require a quiet place to work. Individualized private therapy rooms, not simply common areas or cubicles, allow your child distraction-free time to work on new skills that may require very specific, very small parts to be taught and potentially strung together. Once those skills are mastered, we take them into the common areas to test them out and generalize. As they move on, those skills find ample community-driven opportunities at nearby grocery stores, malls, parks, and social settings.
Each of our facilities feature controlled-entry, so that people walking in the front door cannot interrupt potentially sensitive or private times in therapy. Your safety and privacy are a top concern at Child’s Play Autism Centers.
North Clinton & Coliseum
Featuring curbside pickup and drop-off from your family parking space, we help ease your child’s transition in and out of their therapy day while letting you keep all the other kids in the car. Parent’s don’t mind staying warm & dry either.
Child’s Play’s Fort Wayne office is the largest and most highly-equipped facility in Northeast Indiana focusing exclusively on ABA services. With 12,000 square feet of newly renovated space, it features personalized rooms and therapy areas specifically designed to cater to the needs of your child as they flex in and out of programming needs. Attached to a Kroger grocery store, we simply round the building corner to work on life skills such as shopping for a list, counting change, prepping meals or going to get a favorite reward we worked so hard for. Every feature and amenity in our facility is intentionally designed for the highest standards of training and therapy for your child.
Commercial Road & Hauenstein
Child’s Play’s Huntington location is the not-so-identical twin of Child’s Play Fort Wayne, and strives to serve families in outlying areas of NE Indiana. With 6,000 square feet of newly renovated space, and 6000 square feet undergoing renovation in 2018 on the second level, this space features personalized rooms and therapy areas specifically designed to cater to the needs of all children, including a fresh kitchen installation. Every feature and amenity in our Huntington location was thought out to maximize our effectiveness for under served families outside of major metro areas.
Common Features Across Locations
- Private, personal therapy rooms for teaching new skills without distractions
- Community areas with entertainment, gaming, and movies for learning to work with others
- Large play areas for running and learning play skills
- Monitored ADA shower and restroom facilities to teach self-care skills and self-advocacy
- Fully functional kitchen with appliances consistent with home environments
- Cafeteria to begin to simulate school lunchtime
- Laundry facilities
- Barber chairs to practice getting haircuts (with permission, of course – Several staff are licensed cosmetologists too!)
- Life skills room to teach tolerance of daily chores and living skills
- Art rooms
- Gross motor gyms
- Classroom simulation spaces
- Living room and entertainment space
- Pantry closets to keep snack inventories to pick from for reinforcers
- Close proximity to community spaces such as a grocery store, parks, Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, Science Central, the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo, and Glenbrook Square Mall
For your child’s safety
- Controlled-access entrance to therapy space limits access from outsiders via remote door access beyond our lobbies. If your child is undergoing intense behavioral concerns, parents need not be worried that visitors coming into the building could interfere with their behaviorally-specific interventions.
- Specialized, monitored, safe rooms for children with aggressive behaviors and more intense therapy intervention needs. These padded room installations are a high-investment feature unlikely to be found in many clinical operations.
- Intensive physical intervention safety protocols used by Child’s Play go beyond the basic protection training offered by many clinics. These comparative services are usually no more than what public school systems employ. Due to this higher training investment and standard, Child’s Play willingly treats clients with the highest levels of physical aggression, even those clients that may require multiple-person assistance in their moments of crisis.
For your comfort and peace of mind
At Child’s Play, we want your child to get the best one-on-one care. Individual therapy is our top priority, and we focus on that every day. With advancements in technology both behaviorally and electronic, we constantly look at ways to supplement our therapies. That’s why with our new Double Robotics technology you can remotely observe your child’s training progress during parent training meetings without them knowing you’re there. And the with addition of touchscreen technologies, our therapies are better suited to increase effectiveness. This use of technology complements – not replaces – human interaction.
When looking for a school or center for a child with autism, the resources are limited when a typical school environment is not functional for your child. We came upon Child’s Play Autism Center and immediately fell in love with the one-on-one interaction for our daughter. Not only does she get one-on-one ABA therapy in her own private therapy room, she also has the opportunity to interact with other students. There are so many areas for her to “play” and learn. There is a music area, pretend play area, gross motor area, sensory area, kitchen area and so much more. She gets the chance to go shopping at the grocery store to work on social behaviors as well as takes trips to the mall. And she goes out to lunch to work on her social and public goals. All of the staff is amazing and is in constant communication as to how my daughter is doing. They are all so supportive! My daughter has excelled greatly since beginning at Child’s Play Autism Center!!! I am so thankful they are here in Ft. Wayne!