Second to none, except maybe to each other, we don’t play favorites
Each of our facilities provide consistent access to the highest quality of standards for Child’s Play clients. Consistently across our locations we provide a variety of therapy room types, as well as prominent group spaces to teach skills that don’t require a quiet place to work. Individualized private therapy rooms, not simply common areas or cubicles, allow your child distraction-free time to work on new skills that may require very specific, very small parts to be taught and potentially strung together. Once those skills are mastered, we take them into the common areas to test them out and generalize. As they move on, those skills find ample community-driven opportunities at nearby grocery stores, malls, parks, and social settings.
Each of our facilities feature controlled-entry, so that people walking in the front door cannot interrupt potentially sensitive or private times in therapy. Your safety and privacy are a top concern at Child’s Play Autism Centers.
North Clinton & Coliseum
Featuring curbside pickup and drop-off from your family parking space, we help ease your child’s transition in and out of their therapy day while letting you keep all the other kids in the car. Parent’s don’t mind staying warm & dry either.
Child’s Play’s Fort Wayne office is the largest facility in Northeast Indiana for full ABA services. With 12,000 square feet of newly renovated space, it features personalized rooms and therapy areas specifically designed to cater to the needs of your child. Attached to a Kroger grocery store, we simply need to round the building corner to work on prepping a meal, shopping for a list, counting change, or going to get a favorite reward we worked so hard for. Every feature and amenity in our facility is intentionally designed for our training and therapy purposes.
Commercial Road & Hauenstein
Child’s Play’s Huntington location is the not-so-identical twin of Child’s Play Fort Wayne, and strives to serve families in outlying areas of NE Indiana. With 6,000 square feet of newly renovated space, and 6000 square feet to grow into on the second level, this space features personalized rooms and therapy areas specifically designed to cater to the needs of all children, including a fresh kitchen installation. Every feature and amenity in our Huntington location was thought out to maximize our effectiveness.
Common Features Across Locations
- Private, personal therapy rooms for teaching new skills without distractions
- Community areas with entertainment, gaming, and movies for learning to work with others
- Large play areas for running and learning play skills
- Monitored ADA shower and restroom facilities to teach self-care skills and self-advocacy
- Fully functional kitchen with appliances consistent with home environments
- Cafeteria to begin to simulate school lunchtime
- Laundry facilities
- Barber chairs to practice getting haircuts (with permission, of course – Several staff are licensed cosmetologists too!)
- Life skills room to teach tolerance of daily chores and living skills
- Art rooms
- Gross motor gyms
- Classroom simulation spaces
- Living room and entertainment space
- Pantry closets to keep snack inventories to pick from for reinforcers
- Close proximity to community spaces such as a grocery store, parks, Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, Science Central, the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo, and Glenbrook Square Mall
For your child’s safety
- Specialized, monitored, safe rooms for children with aggressive behaviors and more intense therapy intervention needs.
- Controlled-access therapy space limits access from outsiders
For your comfort and peace of mind
At Child’s Play, we want your child to get the best one-on-one care. Individual therapy is our top priority, and we focus on that every day. With advancements in technology both behaviorally and electronic, we constantly look at ways to supplement our therapies. That’s why with our new Double Robotics technology you can remotely observe your child’s training progress during parent training meetings without them knowing you’re there. And the with addition of touchscreen technologies, our therapies are better suited to increase effectiveness. This use of technology complements – not replaces – human interaction.
As a parent it is hard to watch your child struggle and not make progress in normal child development areas such as verbal, social, emotional and academic skills. As a family we were at a level of deep frustration and didn’t know where to turn to get help. Thankfully, you made a commitment to our community to provide ABA therapy services.
Child’s Play has provided us with an opportunity to address all of the issues our son has with a program that is comprehensive and customized. Other programs we’ve utilized only address speech when it is the allotted speech time, etc. At Child’s Play Autism Center, they formulate a unique plan for each individual child and work on deficient skills with a precise calculated strategy so your child can attain multiple goals with the completion of one task.
More than just the therapeutic processes provided, the staff genuinely care for my child and his progress. ABA therapy has been a blessing in our life. We have a long way to go but every week we see some sort of progress in speech or behavior. Child’s Play is making a difference in our entire family’s life for the better and they are a great community asset.