We are celebrating our 5th Anniversary!
Monday, July 15, 2019
THANK YOU to our staff & families for all you have contributed over the past 5 years. We can all be proud of the work we’ve done… and we are just getting started!
Festival season is upon us!
Friday, July 12, 2019
Sometimes the noise and crowds can be too much for our kiddos. We have some tips to help make the day enjoyable for all.
1. Bring their favorite snacks. They may not be interested in trying new food.
2. Be ready to take a break from the crowd. Find a shady spot that is away from all of the excitement.
3. Headphones for the noise may help.
4. Know their limits. There are a lot of new sights, sounds and smells at places like that. If it turns out to be too much, don’t worry about heading out early.
Summer months often bring some vacation time
Tuesday, July 9, 2019
If you are taking a road trip we would like to offer some tips to make the best of it!
1. Bring headphones and a tablet or music to help keep your child entertained on the long ride.
2. Make stops and take a break and stretch your legs. This is good for everyone!
3. Give them a map and talk about where you are going and how long it takes to get there. They may have fun being the navigator!
4. Do they like to play games? Try some like eye-spy, etc. to pass the time.
5. Snacks. We all love to have something to nibble on for those longer rides.
Happy Independence Day!
Thursday, July 4, 2019
We wish you all the very best today and beyond. Let’s celebrate!
Make your own kinetic sand!
Sunday, June 30, 2019
Here’s how: Combine 1/2 cup flour with 1/2 cup cornmeal. Then mix in 1 Tbsp. oil (any kind) and 1 Tbsp. corn syrup. Store in a ziploc bag.
The 4th of July holiday is coming!
Friday, June 28, 2019
Fireworks are a sensory delight to most of us… but for your child it may be too much. We suggest bringing sunglasses and noise canceling headphones. These may help is toning down the noise and bright bursts of light.
Siblings of kids with autism have a very different home life than most of their peers.
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
The challenges they face as well as your child in our therapy program both deserve the very best care. This is why we offer Family Therapy. Please contact us with your questions!
Music speaks to us in different ways.
Thursday, June 20, 2019
It can also be therapeutic for our kids. Take their music with you on trips to the store or even to a restaurant! It may be the comfort they need in new and possibly noisy environments.
Families are always welcome to take a guided tour of one of our three facilities!
Tuesday, June 18, 2019
Bring your questions 😊
We want to give a very special shout out to all of our Dads today!
Sunday, June 16, 2019
Happy Father’s Day to the Dads who work with us each day and to the Dads of all of our great kiddos. We are a lucky bunch!